Search This Blog

Monday, June 26, 2017

Pregnancy Update: Weeks 35-38

Week 35:
This was my first week out of the hospital and it was rough. Even on Procardia I still had constant contractions. Thankfully they didn't hurt but gosh they were tiring. I didn't feel well this week at all. I'm sure between the stress of losing my aunt, preterm labor, our house taking forever to finish, and constantly worrying that it's time to head back to the hospital it was just a lot. I lost more weight and didn't have an appetite. 

Week 36:
Huge milestone for me! I've never made it this far in a pregnancy. I'm so relieved to be in the 'safe zone'. My doctor took me off of procardia since the side effects were horrible and I was far enough along to safely deliver. The baby's weight check went well. The baby weighed just over 5 lbs. I'm still dilated to a "good 5" and 75% effaced. Baby is head down but laying all the way to my right side. Contractions are ridiculous. I will contract every 3-5 minutes for 12-24 hours then everything will just die down. It comes and goes in regular intervals like that. I've learned with each pregnancy that timing contractions are pointless for me. It's all about their intensity and if they hurt. Until they hurt I know that I'm not in real labor so I just wait around for pain to come. Brian swears that I'll wait so long that I'll have the baby at home because in the past pain didn't come until 45-60 minutes before I gave birth but I have faith in knowing my body. I think we will be just fine ha.


 
Week 37:
Holy shat! I made it full term. It blows all of our minds including my doctor but I'm so thankful to be to this point. Not only for baby's health but because I am dreading kissing my pregnancy 'good-bye'. I want to be pregnant every day that I possibly can. 

Week 38:
This week I started having a lot of swelling and mildly high blood pressure. I gained 3 lbs in one week! I about crapped when I realized that but I also remember with my oldest gaining literally 11 lbs/ALL of my pregnancy weight in the last 2 weeks before she was born from all of the water weight. I've lost weight off and on this pregnancy and at this point have only gained back those 3 lbs so I can't complain. 
I didn't crave anything this week. 
My only symptoms aside from contractions were acid reflux and increased pelvic pressure.
Since 30 weeks I've had contractions regularly every day. Sometimes they will last every 3-5 minutes for 24 hours. Sometimes they will last every 8 minutes for 6 hours. Sometimes they start out far apart and get closer as the day goes on. They are ridiculous but not painful and until this week they hadn't dilated me more than the 4-5 that I was 3 weeks ago. However, at this weeks appointment I was dilated to a 'stretchy 6' so the doctor informed me that he'd like to send me to have the baby because it's not safe to walk around dilated past a 7. I do not want any form of induction plus I knew we were days from being all moved in to the new house. The doctor agreed to give me one more week to labor on my own but said that if I come back next week dilated any more at all he's giving me prostagladin gel to give me the boost that he thinks my body needs to kick it into transitional labor. My prayer is that I either go into labor myself by Thursday (June 29th) or I haven't dilated any more at all. You'd think that I'd be over pregnancy and wanting to meet the baby so bad that I'd be begging for induction but I'm definitely not. In fact, I'm dreading not being pregnant anymore because I know the second that it's over a part of me will be sad. I will miss it. I haven't been sleeping well because I lose sleep over the thought of these being my last days ever pregnant. I sit in bed and cherish my belly and the baby moving around. It's such a sensitive yet sacred time for me to spend only focused on my pregnancy and growing miracle. From hiccups to rolls, I take in every moment during that quite, peaceful 'just the bump & I's' time. Of course I look super forward to holding and meeting my baby but time goes so fast that I know it'll be another level of sadness in itself once baby is here how fast he/she will grow. Newbornhood will fly by and before I know it my baby raising days could be over. Ugh. The struggle is real y'all whether anyone understands it or not. 

Red, White, & DUE.... Literally ha. 


 

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram