Search This Blog

Monday, June 5, 2017

Pregnancy Update: Weeks 31-34

I'm sooo behind on my posts and I apologize. Life has been crazy chaotic. Between finishing the new house, repeated flooding in our area, preterm labor hospital stays, my aunt passing away, raising 3 preschoolers, planning 2 birthdays, and just the general craziness of summer time activities/events I haven't had much time for anything else. I'll briefly play catch up on a few things then jump into my weekly updates. 
The new house: We were originally supposed to move in last week but we've had multiple floods in our area that washed out the road and drive way to our new home. No one could get to the new house until the water receded and the roads were fixed. This pushed us back several weeks. At this point we are very close to move in day though. We have tiling the bathrooms, installing the granite, installing appliances, finishing the central heating and air, finishing the wood floor (it'll be done tomorrow), doing the stair case railing, and carpeting the upstairs left. I've been able to decorate some of the walls which was so fun for me and this week we are moving all of the furniture into the down stairs bedrooms. Next weekend is supposed to be when we can move everything else in aside from the upstairs stuff. The railing will take a little longer and they can't carpet up there until the railing is done but it's just the play area and baby's room which wouldn't be decorated until the baby is born anyways so no biggie to have a delay up there. 

My aunt recently passed away and it threw my family for a loop. She was a big piece to our puzzle and it was a shock to lose her. Everyone feels lost and so sad. On top of that my grandma on that same side of the family is having health issues. It's just a lot to handle at once. I will miss her greatly. 

Shortly after Aunt Jerri passed I went into preterm labor for the 3rd time. I drove to our local hospital thinking it was just typical pregnancy cramps and found out that I was dilated to a 3 and contracting every 2 minutes so I was instantly transferred out to a hospital in Tulsa that has a NICU. I'll leave those details for the pregnancy update part of this post. 

Week 31:
-Craving Ice
-Lost 2 lbs
-Started having intense back pain
-Decreased appetite 
-General not well feeling 


Week 32 & 33:
-Craving Ice and sweets
-Lost 3 lbs
-Felt better as a whole and much more energetic 
-Had a dream that they baby is a boy

We had maternity pictures taken around this time. I have only seen 5 of those shots but I'm already so in love with that session. 


 Week 34:
-No cravings
-Threw up a lot 
-At this point I had lost everything that I had gained this pregnancy weight wise
-Contractions/cramping constantly
-Admitted to Saint John's for preterm labor. I got to Grove around 9 am and with in 30-45 minutes they had me on magnesium and on route to Tulsa. My mom and Brian went with me. The magnesium did not stop the contractions so after 30 hours of being on it they decided to try Procardia. That didn't stop them either but it did lessen their strength to the point that I was no longer dilating. I was staying a 4-5. They wanted to keep me admitted until I made it past 35 weeks simply because a NICU isn't a local luxury but since I wasn't dilating, I missed my kids (it had been 3 days since I saw them), and my aunts funeral was that day I requested to be released. My OB agreed prior to me asking to be released that he felt safe delivering me at Grove and transferring baby IF needed. It all around was a good and safe plan. I went home on procardia and I'm still taking it every 6 hours. I'm 35 weeks pregnant now and still contracting constantly but they are very mild strength wise. I seriously think that I'll carry close to my due date. I don't know why because I've delivered at 34-35 weeks with them all but something in me feels like this time it'll be different. Maybe I just can see God giving me that gift of a long pregnancy. He knows how much I dread not being pregnant anymore. I don't want this to end. I'll miss it instantly and for the rest of my life I'm sure. Despite it being hard and uncomfortable I still cherish it and love it. I feel myself the most when I'm pregnant. 


 

 

 

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram