-No weight gain
-Craving Ice every waking moment
-Increased strength of baby movement (the movement hurts me which isn't something that I had happen with the others)
-We got a 4D ultrasound and baby looks like Andlee to us
-Dreams that I have a 4 lb 7 oz baby boy (which ends up being freaking considering what happens in my 30th week)
Week 30:
-Gained 7 oz
-Ice cravings going strong
-Baby movement is still hurting (I found out later this week why, baby like to lay sideways inside of me and is tall for his or her's age. Baby stretches out which pushes my hips and rips apart causing me increased pain.)
-Started feeling a lot of pressure 'down stairs', had a lot of cramping, and got a dull back ache like I did when I went into labor with Hudson. This went on for a day or 2 when I started bleeding bright red and realized that I was having preterm labor pains. I went to the local ER because that's what the midwives told me to do. They didn't want me to risk an hour drive to get to them. Long story short a few days in the hospital and a lot of drugs later we got things slowed down. I have a detailed post on that experience a few posts back if you're curious. (This scare and the overly vivid 4 lbs 7 oz baby boy dream kind of creeped me out. What's the odds that I dreamt that a week before I went into early labor?)
-More baby boy dreams and my first c section night mare. I'm sure I'm dreaming about that because of my hospital stay but gosh it was rough. Major props to mamas who have c sections. I'm a tough girl and not scared of surgeries or anything like that but something about having surgery while wide awake gets to me.
All in all this point in my pregnancy changed things. It risked me out at the birth center. It changed how active I can be. It bumped my doctors appointments up to sometimes twice a week. I have to take medicine every 4 hours to hold labor off and I have to get booster steroid shots regularly until I either deliver or make it to 36 weeks. It put the reality into our heads that baby #4 might HAVE to be our last baby if I can't carry to term. Hudson was my earliest birth and although it was only by a week this time preterm issues started way sooner. I may not ever be able to carry a baby to term which puts future children at risk. It's a lot to process but we are getting there. I can't worry about hypothetical pregnancies when I have the current one to keep safe. I want to hold in this baby as long as I possibly can. Not just for his or her's safety (obviously that's my biggest concern) but also because if this is my last baby I want to soak in every moment. I don't want it to end. Our house needs to be moved in to. Maternity pictures need to be taken. All the cute pregnancy shirts that I've boughten need to be wore. The baby needs to gain a bunch of weight. I need more alone time with my bigs before their baby sibling is here. There are a ton of reasons why I can't have this baby any time soon. In a perfectly amazing world I'll carry to 42 weeks and have a 10 pounder ha. Okay, maybe not the 10 pound part but I'd take that over a preemie any day. My point is that baby needs to bake.

Post a Comment