Mother's Day! A day that I envied for years because I wanted to be a mom so badly. Now I'm the blessed mom of 4 plus bonus boys through foster care and angel babies. Being a mom is one of the greatest privileges and having a mom as amazing as mine is one of the greatest gifts. The other day I was thinking about how much she impacts my life and it hit me that there is no one who I am closer to than her. There is no one who I rely on and turn to more than her. There is no one that is my go to for advice more than her. Of course my dad and husband run a close race but ultimately my mom takes the cake. My heart feels slaughtered to imagine a day with out her. I truly turn to her for things multiple times a day. She's the first person I told that I was pregnant every single time. She's the first person that I instinctively call or text basically any time I have a thought. I see my relationship with her and the way that I turn to her like I see breathing, it's not a thought process it's natural. It's not a choice, it's crucial to my well being. She's just my solid and I pray that my kids see me the way that I see her. I love her so much.
I spent Mother's Day with my loved ones. I was woken up to the sweetest gifts and cards from my kids. They each hand made my cards and picked out flowers for me. These types of gifts are the absolute best. Money can't buy that kind of happiness and appreciation. Gifts from the hearts of 4 and 5 year olds. Oh my soul. They also made me breakfast which tasted amazing I must say. We spent the morning cuddling and watching TV then we went to visit my mother in law. We gave her the gifts that we got her and spent some time with her. After that we headed to my parents house. It was a gorgeous day so I set up a little pool party. I invited my grandmas so that my parents could spend Mother's Day with their moms, I could spend it with my mom, and my kids could spend it with me. Brian and I grilled some food for everyone and we all enjoyed the pool. It was just a great day spent with special people. I feel very lucky to have the moms in my life that I do and to be the mom of such incredible little ones.





Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. I hope that you each had a wonderful day.
Post a Comment