Both of these weeks were similar symptom wise. No weight gain (I've gained 6 lbs total but lost 16 lbs in the first few months of my pregnancy so I'm still not pre pregnancy weight. I'm hoping to not gain it all back by delivery.), continued acid reflux, threw up more than I have been, Braxton Hicks contractions daily, craving ice, and awful hip and back pain. It's hard on me to get up or to roll over in bed. My body just feels sore and stiff. Typical pregnancy for ya. I passed my glucose test with flying colors. My blood pressure has been great. Baby's heart rate was 142 bpm. It's stayed in the 140s for a few months now. My uterus measured a week ahead so baby is growing well. I got my Rhogam shot and Tdap vaccine so that's over with. My blood type is negative so with every pregnancy it's been important to get the Rhogam shot. When Rh-negative blood is exposed to Rh positive blood, the Rh negative blood responds by producing antibodies that attack and destroy the Rh positive blood cells. This can lead to problems such as fetal anemia, which in turn can cause a life-threatening condition known as hydrops fetalis, which causes internal bleeding, heart and kidney failure, and shock. Rh immunoglobulin prevents your immune system from attacking your baby’s blood. It stops my body from attacking the baby if he or she has a positive blood type. If baby is a positive blood type after birth I will need another shot just in case we swapped blood during delivery. It also protects our next baby from being attacked by my body if that baby isn't a negative blood type. The Tdap is a whooping cough (pertussis), tetanus and diphtheria combo vaccine. All of which I feel are important to have period but especially when you're about to have a newborn. My children and close family members have all had the vaccines that are important to me if they plan to be around our baby but it also is good for them to have that protection for themselves as well so it's a win, win. *To stay on subject for this specific blog entry I will be posting a separate blog tomorrow about vaccines and welcoming a newborn.
That's about it for this update. It was a good two weeks that brought a lot of happy news. I feel like each time I have a good prenatal appointment or pass a test it's one step closer to having my dream birth. I've taken the health aspect of this one day at a time. I've relaxed and tried not to let myself worry about all of the things that can go wrong but I also have made back up plans for the other possible outcomes. From having my perfect birth to having to be sedated for a c section, I've finally got just about every situation planned for and my wishes made known by family, doctors, and the midwives.
Post a Comment