Over all this week felt pretty normal. I didn't throw up any or gain any weight. I'm at 6 lbs total.
I craved ice like crazy. I wake up every single night and have to have some. It's intense. Brian has even ran down the road to the gas station to get me a huge cup of ice when we ran out ha. He's a trooper.
My acid reflux was better. My midwife recommended papaya extract before meals and it's helped a ton.
Week 26:
This week was rough.
I had contractions constantly and was in and out of the doctor several times.
I threw up a lot.
TMI alert: I had some bloody discharge and a lot of cramping.
It was scary. I just knew that I was in preterm labor but thank God, I wasn't. My cervix has softened some but I'm NOT dilating so that's great. My midwife said that I should probably expect a lot of Braxton Hicks such as this the rest of my pregnancy simply because it's my 4th child. I've had them since 13 weeks along but they hadn't ever been so consistent.
To be safe they did place me on pelvic rest (no sex) and gave me a series of steroid shots but Dr. Scally and both of my midwives seemed comfortable that this was normal which eased my mind because preterm delivery is one of my greatest fears.
My blood pressure ran perfect throughout all of this which is a blessing.
I didn't gain any weight this week but that doesn't surprise me. I was sick a lot.
Ice was the only thing that I wanted so I lived in it pretty much.

I'm now in my 3rd trimester and I can't fathom how that's even possible. It makes me so emotional and also concerned with how I'll handle things after the baby is born. This is not planned to be our last baby but you just never know. Every pregnancy could possibly be your last so I'm starting to carrying that weight heavily. I dread this journey being over. Of course I'm thrilled at the thought of meeting our baby and knowing the sex but I still don't want my pregnancy to end. It's an odd feeling for sure. I don't think a lot of people can understand it. They act like I'm crazy when I tell them that because I've had many children. I always get the 'I couldn't get my tubes tied fast enough' response. *major eye roll here*
My feelings on that subject are a whole nother book.
To anyone who reads my blog and considers making that comment to me: I am not and will not be getting my tubes tied. It's something that I personally just won't ever do by choice. Even if I have a c section someday, I still won't be doing it. Not because I'm against it (I am not) but because I know that there will never come a time when I wouldn't regret having done it. There are a million other options for after we have our 'last'. We may end up deciding that our last isn't our last and I want to keep that door open without us having to spend a ton of money on reversals or IVF.
Post a Comment