Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

Becoming a Cheerleading Coach

Anyone who knows me knows that cheerleading was my thing in high school. I ran track, played basketball and softball, and was in band but cheerleading was the only thing that I loved so I gave the others up eventually and focused solely on my squad. My best friend and I were the only 2 girls out of the 40ish in our class who made varsity the summer before our freshman year. It was something that I not only loved but I was also good at. Our squad went to Disney World for nationals and competed competitively each year. It was a blast and something that I miss greatly. Cheerleading was one of the first things that came into my head when I found out that I was having the girls. As a mom and cheerleading enthusiast I can't wait to see them doing what I loved to do and I pray that they have a passion for it as much as I did. My luck they will want to play football or something ha. Which I would fully support too but they both act pumped about being cheerleaders so I'm hopeful. The youth football/cheerleading program in our town doesn't start until first grade therefore I haven't had much to do with it since the girls are only in K-4. 
However, I was recently contacted and asked to be a youth cheerleading coach. Of course, I didn't hesitate at all to say yes. I'll be coaching 4th grade since that's the squad my niece will be on. I can't wait to get back into that atmosphere and expose my daughters to it. I'm currently writing up a list of master cheers for all of the grades per the directors request. I was also asked to come to all of the uniform fittings so that I can help with proper fit/length. I already feel a rush of memories and feelings. It's great. Our first meeting is in 2 weeks and I'm definitely a newbie at the coaching part so I want to have all of my stuff lined up by then that way if I missed anything I can get help. I'm such a paper work and lists kind of girl that I can't imagine how big my organized binder will end up being by the time this is all said and done. Part of me is nervous about coaching with a young baby but most of me is in heaven at the thought of it. I taught 3rd grade girls on Wednesday nights at church for a long time and I obviously love kids so this just feels perfect for me to be apart of this. I'm also excited because I'll be able to get my daughters uniforms that match my squads uniforms. The girls will love that. They are all about being a 'Jay Bulldog' and I can't wait to see how cute they look ha. I'll order the baby some cute game day outfits too but I'll have time to do that after he or she is born. How precious would a tiny cheerleading or football player outfit be?! Oh my lanta! My mom heart is going to burst. 

But for now, it's writing cheers, choreographing half time dance routines, getting paperwork prepared, getting a plan in order for coaching with the baby, ect. 
I love my Tula baby wear carriers but they are thick and none of the prints that I have are school themed at all so I'm going to invest in a few light weight wraps. I'm hoping to find one that's black and gold so if you know of any or have any baby wrap recommendations for warm weather please let me know 💛◾️
 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram