Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

30 Days of Me: Day 1

I recently saw this idea on Pinterest and thought that it was a neat way for my readers to learn more about me. Y'all hear about my thoughts/advice on certain things and about what's going on in Life with the Lane's but you don't usually hear much about me as a person. For the next 30 days I will be posting things about myself. Some days there will be 2 posts a day because life is busy right now so I have a lot of other things to post about but I'll keep the daily posts limited ha. 

This is the template for what I'll be posting over the next 30 days so if any other fellow bloggers want to join in on their own blogs, here you go! 
Shout out to Living of Love and Coffee for this great idea! 


 

Day One: A recent picture of yourself with 15 facts about you
(Some of these you probably know if you know me in real life) 


1) I am a Christian and I believe in God with every ounce of my being. I fail Him so much that it's sad and I have a lot of guilt over it. He has blessed me more than I deserve and I wish that I could repay Him for it. Sometimes I feel like I can't openly be myself and be a 'proud Christian' but shame on me for feeling that way. I'm an extremely flawed person but I don't think that my mistakes and flaws give anyone a right to question Christians as a whole. Society has put this label on us that we are supposed to be perfect people just because we are people of faith and that's absurd. None of us are perfect and we all have our bad sides. We all want to be better and strive to be. That's why having a relationship with God is so great, He forgives us and loves us even on our worst days. We as followers aren't the ones that people should be putting under a microscope, the Lord himself is who they should be seeking. 

2) This one is kind of a two in one. I am a devoted family girl. My family is what I live for. They are my heart and soul. They would all tell you that I'm what brings us all together. I'm constantly throwing get togethers and birthday parties for everyone. That time with them is priceless to me. Y'all probably already know that about me so here is the 2nd part of this fact: My only fears in life are losing someone that I love or something bad happening to them. I'm not afraid of snakes, heights, bugs, ect. Literally nothing like that scares me. But I am terrified of having to live life without my family and terrified of anything bad ever happening to them. Especially my kids. I lose sleep often over random concerns regarding my kids safety. To the point that I physically get sick and throw up. It's awful. 

3) I always knew that I would become a mom/wife and have a big family (it was my biggest dream in life) but I didn't plan to get married until I was in my mid 20s, let alone a week after my high school graduation. Up until 7 months prior to my wedding day I had every intention of moving to New York City for a year or two. My mom and I even went there and did some apartment shopping and job searching right before I met Brian. I still miss that I did have the experience of living there but vacations there will just have to do. 

4) I absolutely love fashion, make up, and hair although I spend 90% of my time looking homeless. I grew up being the little stylist for my family. My dad had me picking out his outfits when I was like 8 years old. I look very forward to utilizing my cosmetology license and being able to dress up daily. I also look forward to having a career geared around something that I'm so passionate about. It's the perfect job for me. 

5) Naming babies is one of my favorite things to do. I'm always on the look out for new ideas to share with friends or use for myself. I have came up with the names of atleast 10 of my friends babies. My thing is combining special names/using special names to a couple to make a unique name or do it in a unique way. Like Andlee from Andy and Le'Ann and Bryton from Brylee and Peyton. Also like Bretlyn for a girl version of Bret and the maiden name Hudson for a first name. That kind of thing. I hated to commit to any baby names this time because I have several that I love. Specifically with girls names. Don't be shocked if I end up changing my girls name again if I have a girl 😳

6) When I met Brian I was SWORN off of dating. I was so over dudes and their drama.  He was the last thing that I was expecting or looking for and I fought it but what can I say, when it's fate fighting it doesn't matters. We fell in love hard and fast. He was the first and only guy that I've ever trusted fully (besides my dad of course). He cherished my heart and that showed strongly from day one. It's his most charming quality. 

7) My biggest pet peeves are smacking and talking during a movie. Like, seriously it's sooo rude. I have been known to get into arguments at the movie theater because of smacking and talking. I can't tell you how many times I've told strangers that I didn't pay to hear them talk or smack. My kids have even been taught since they could chew that it's a no no. It's that big of a deal to me. 

8) If I ever relocated it would be to Alaska or to Florida. We wanted to relocate after we sold the chicken farm but I can't leave my parents and grandparents. Especially after my dads health scare. I want to be close to them. 
My moms from Washington so she has family up there and she loves that area so there's the change that she'd move there. Alaska is a short plane or boat ride away. I would love to have a cabin in the woods there with a farm and homestead off of the land. (And with indoor plumbing and electric of course ha.) You can't beat the wildlife and land scape there. Plus don't even get me started on the northern lights. Amazing.
 If we didn't end up in Alaska we would end up in Pensacola Beach, Florida. It's our favorite beach to vacation too. The town is tiny and cozy yet still full of life. It's the perfect in between of small town living and being close to a lot of businesses such as Starbucks and Target. I know what you're thinking, my options for some day living couldn't be more different. I'm a mess. I know this.  

9) I love to travel. I love seeing new places and being in different climates/landscapes than I am used to. I have so many places that I want to go that it's unreal. From common places like Paris and Australia to less common vacation places like Ireland. Anywhere that's not like what we have around here intrigues me. Brian and I plan to travel a lot more after our kids are grown but at this rate I'm not sure that we will ever be done raising kids ha. 

10) I hate my hair. It's frizzy and ringlet curly. It has this red tent that always pulls through no matter what shade I color it. It's so thick that it's smothering and if I thought that short hair ever looked good on girls I'd cut it off. 

11) I am a huge tattoo lover. I think that they CAN BE a stunning work of art on a persons body. I'd legit be covered in them if my husband was a fan of ink. We compromise by me having some but not being covered. Right now I have around 10 and several planned for after the baby is born including adding the baby's name to my kids names tattoo. Ideally one day I will have a full sleeve on my 'Harry Potter arm'. I have a large tattoo of Hogwarts on that arm and want to turn it into a full fictional sleeve. Disney, Harry Potter, The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe, ect. That's where I will stop. 

12) Brian is 11 years older than me and I thank God for that. I had a brother 13 months younger than me so I grew up seeing first hand how boys my age are so immature. Still as an almost 27 year old all of my friends who are married to guys our age agree that dudes our age aren't typically mature. Brian had already been living on his own and supporting himself for about 10 years when we met. He is old fashioned and he was stable. He went to work in high school and took care of himself financially. Not only is he financially mature but he's also morally mature. He opens the door for me and does things like putting gas in my car. He doesn't like me to carry heavy stuff or clean when he's in the room. He hates to feel like he's not being helpful. He is just a class act and I really think that's because he's so much older. He was raised in a different time and we work hard to bring that 'time' back when raising our kids. The younger generation who are raising kids these days are raising a bunch of spoiled, entitled, brats who don't have authority and it shows. 

13) I am an obsessive list maker and planner. I make my grocery shopping list in the order to where things are in the store and place them onto the belt to be bagged according to what catagory they go in inside of my house. Brian makes fun of me because he finds my cheesy random lists everywhere. My way of de stressing is to organize things from my mind onto paper. As for planning, well I plan stuff years in advance sometimes. I write it all down or create Pinterest boards about it. Like I already know that this baby's first birthday party will be a rainbow themed party and I already have a private Pinterest board all about baby #5. We haven't even had baby #4. I was that way with all of my kids. Planning the next while I was still pregnant ha. 

14) I love to read. I'm one of those people who tells herself 'just one more chapter' and ends up reading the entire book in one setting. It's bad. I'm a chronic binge reader and my choice in books are almost always fictional/science fiction related. I like to go places that don't exist and engage in characters that aren't humanly possible. I suffer a loss each time that I close the last page of good book so I tend to reread my favorites. I love fantasy so much that I've written my own books for fun. I just enjoy everything about going places when I can't actually go somewhere and living lives that aren't anyone's reality. 

15) I cuss like a sailor. I have a dirty mouth and a dirty sense of humor. I recently bought a shirt that says 'I gave up a lot of things when I became a mom but saying f**k wasn't one of them' because it's so me. Although I do my best to avoid cussing in front of my kids so they don't say bad words. I mean, they have cussed before of course but never have said the f word and I can count on one hand how many times they've all 3 cussed total. They know that cuss words are bad words and that mommy is being bad if she says them. I know, I know #momoftheyear

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram