Week 21:
-Still 4 lbs total weight gain
-No vomiting
-Increased Braxton Hicks contractions
-Increased heartburn
-Craved ice constantly
-Had the anatomy scan for baby and it went perfectly (I have a blog post about it with details and pictures if you missed that update)
Week 22:
-4 lbs total of weight gain
-A lot of contractions (sometimes I have more than 5-6 an hour but about the time that I start getting ready to go to the ER they ease up)
-Heartburn and acid reflux daily
-Craved ice and meat (separately not together ha)
-Felt really off towards the end of this week (puked a lot, had back aches, had head aches, just didn't feel myself)
-Switched over to just seeing the midwives at the birth center and met with their partnered OB. Originally I thought that I needed to see both Dr. Hill and my midwives until the baby is born because Hill does ultrasounds to check baby's weight gain but since I know that I will not be delivering with Hill at Siloam Springs hospital I decided to meet with Dr. Scally in Rogers. She's wonderful and I feel great about using her if I risk out at the birth center. I will get a few ultrasounds by her later in my pregnancy to check on the baby's size. This is just standard precautions since I had weight loss surgery a few months before I got pregnant. That was the biggest reason that I was still using Dr. Hill. The birth center doesn't do ultrasounds but thankfully Dr. Scally can. Her office is next door to the birth center so it all just worked out perfectly.

Post a Comment