Search This Blog

Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Birthday to My Hero

Yesterday was a very special day to me. It was my dads birthday. Of course every year that day is important but this year it was even more so because we truly didn't think that my dad would live to see another birthday. He is my rock and my best friend. All of my life he was my biggest supporter and always had my back. He keeps it real with me when I'm wrong but never judges me. He's seriously the best dad that anyone could ever dream of having. When I try to explain what my heart feels for that man I quickly remember that it's impossible to put it into words. Him and my mom are life to me and I'm so thankful that God gave us more birthdays with him. 
We spent his birthday with his family and we spent it in dads kind of way, fishing. My dad was huge into bass fishing when I was younger. He traveled around the US and Canada to do fishing tournaments for fun. He legit could have done it professionally had he been willing to spend a lot of time on the road. He's a beast at it. It's safe to say that our new place is his dream come true ha. Everyone fished at his party plus we had a fish fry so he not only got to catch some big bass but he also got to eat a variety of his favorite types of fish. It was all in all just a gorgeous and perfect day. Nothing beats time with your loved ones and I'm so glad that we are big into entertaining and having get togethers. 


 
 

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram