Today our daughters started school again and I already feel like an empty nester. I feel incomplete. My house is clean and quite. I had forgotten how amazing it was to have all 3 kids at home during the day. Their giggles and kiddo chats. Their crazy pretend games with elaborate stories. Even the bickering I miss. Hudson isn't being himself either. He's just laying on the couch staring at the ceiling. We both are experiencing mild depression over this ha. It's just awkward without them here. Thank God I'll have a newborn when Hudson starts school because I'd be losing my mind. My mom heart isn't prepared to have all of my babies in school. I see moms all over Facebook thrilled that school has started... Then there's me. Someone who is honestly gloomy over it. I can't be the only mom who feels this way. Don't get me wrong, I love and appreciate alone time but all in all toddler chaos is all that I know. I don't like the quite. I don't like not feeling productive as their mom. I don't like not knowing what they are doing. Not because I'm a helicopter mom but because I'm their mom, period. I want to know what's going on in their day. I know that school is crucial to them as individuals. Not only academically but socially as well. It's just hard at times because I miss them. Boohoo! Now I'm going to suck it up and keep myself as busy as possible. Three pm should be here before I know it, right?
I follow your blog and love reading what you have going on in your life. My son went back to school today as well, he's 5, my 3 year old daughter is always lost when her Bubba is gone I hear "when is he going to be home" 500x a day. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I pray you have a healthy full term baby. Keep the blog posts coming, I look forward to seeing what is new in your world. You should do a makeup/fashion post.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. You're too sweet. I love the sibling bond. I bet your kiddos were so happy to see eachother yesterday after school. I definitely plan to venture in to fashion and makeup blogs soon. I think maternity fashion will be so much fun to post about when my bumps bigger. Do you have a Facebook page or Instagram? I'd love you follow you if I'm not already.
Delete