Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Change in Plans About Not Finding Out Our Baby's Gender

Originally we said that NO ONE would know the sex. Not the doctors. Not the ultrasound techs. Not family. Not us. No one! However, after spending over a grand already on cute boy and girl clothes something has to give. I can't keep buying clothes for both genders. I'm not one to ever resell things even if it's brand new in tags. I regift it or donate it and that is my plan with this stuff too but my investments have became overwhelming. Not to mention if you personalize things, which I have been, you can't do anything with that stuff that ends up not being the baby's gender/name (unless you're using the same name with the same spelling but that still restricts you to neutral things). It's a total waste of money. Atleast for us it is because our baby names aren't common so finding someone to give those personalized outfits to would be very hard. I have to stop and stick to neutrals and gift cards. I hate that because I dislike nearly all neutral things but even when I do buy neutral I buy bows and hats to match those outfits to be safe which costs extra money. I'm a mess, I know. Gift cards are the best bet for us so I can do a huge online shopping haul after baby is born without spending all of that money at once. It'll be built up over time on the cards. We've already purchased several actually. 
I just want the baby to be as stylish and personalized as his or hers siblings were starting the moment that they were born. I don't want to be confined to whites, creams, yellows, and mints. I also have very gender specific newborn picture ideas in mind and if I bought all of those props I would be out a huge amount of money. I've pondered a solution to this for awhile and I have decided that someone will know our baby's sex. Someone that I can trust and that is the best secret keeper ever. Someone that I KNOW won't ever slip or tell a soul. Someone that has never let me down. That someone is my mother, of course. Her and my dad are going with me in 2 weeks to an ultrasound studio and there mom will be told privately by the tech what the sex is. I don't want it written down or anything. Verbal only. I have decided to do a private studio because I see my doctor way too much to trust him not to slip up and say 'he' or 'she'. I want the tech to be someone that I'll never see again. I am adding a bunch of stuff to my moms etsy cart for both sexes including outfits, blankets, newborn photography props, ect. She will purchase the things for the correct gender and because it'll be from her etsy account and shipped to her address there will be no paper trail for me to see. Yes, I've thought of literally everything and covered all of my possibilities. There will be no room for error ha. I DO NOT want to know this baby's sex. That is extremely important to me. I am so relieved to know that this baby will have everything gender specific that I wanted for him or her. I have so many cute ideas and with this most likely being our last I want to do all of those things for this baby just like we did for our other babies. Custom props and personalized outfits have long turn arounds. I couldn't of ordered those things after the birth. They wouldn't of gotten here while the baby was still a newborn. I can't wait to meet this little rainbow and see all of these adorable things on him or her. It'll be very hard for me not to keep buying like a mad women but when I see stuff that I like I will just give my mom money and send her the links to those outfits. It's a win all around.  

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram