Our yearly trips to Bass Pro to see Santa are always a gamble. The kids go in to it pumped to see him and rehearsing what they will say then once it's their turn to go up, they freeze. Last year Charlee was the only one who would set on his lap or even go near him for that matter. This year, however they ALL loved him. It was the sweetest thing ever. When it was their turn they grabbed hands and walked right up to him. They never even looked back to make sure that Brian and I were right there with them. Once they got up to him they hopped right into his lap and smiled for the camera. One shot. It took them one shot to get the picture. The workers were shocked. Three young kids and one smiling shot within seconds. Hell, I was even shocked ha. After they took the picture Santa asked them several questions. They all talked at once and answered his questions. Plus they told him that he couldn't forget to bring the baby in momma's belly something too. How precious is that? Already thinking of their baby sibling. I choked up. It was an awesome experience. They told Santa good-bye and we finished our night out. We shopped and had dinner at an amazing steakhouse. Like seriously, my new favorite place to eat around here. It was called Sante Fe Steakhouse. I believe it's a chain. If you ever see one stop and eat there for sure. Literally everything that we ordered was on point. We wanted to take the kids to see a bunch of walk through Christmas lights like we do every year but it was freezing and drizzling outside so we opted for ice cream on the ride home instead. I can't believe it's Christmas Eve and the holiday is almost over. I also can't believe that next year we will have a new baby in our family to enjoy all of our traditions with. Life is absolutely beautiful. Even the less than ideal moments.
Hopefully our trip to see Saint Nick next year will go just as perfectly as it did this year. We will have a 6 year old, 5 year old, 4 year old, and 6-7 month old infant. Should be loads of fun.
Post a Comment