Let's be honest, it happens! For us it happens the most when we are stressed out about things totally unrelated. It's not even about being mad at eachother. We've both been over stressed recently. Moving during Christmas time while pregnant after spending a month in ICU thinking that your dad wasn't going to make it is rough. Tension has been tight at times. Typically Brian and I don't really fight much. We agree on most things and there's just not much to fight about. When we do fight it's usually a teenage mouthing match ha. I'll mouth him about how he's being a shit head and he'll mouth me about how I'm being annoying. When our friends see us bicker they laugh. Our fights are comical 99%. I think it's because we rarely have anything big to fight over. However, this morning we got into a fight that had nothing to do with stress. We fought because I told him that I want to go to my doctors appointment alone and he insists on coming with me. That normally would be fine but today I planned to go get his Christmas gift. Of course I can't really tell him that though so instead we bickered. How silly is that? We can't be the only couple who fights over stupid things and fights like children when we do fight. When I'm pregnant Brian feels overly protective. He wants to be close to me constantly and treats me like I'm disabled. From not letting me carry gallons of milk to not wanting me to wanting to go to every doctors appointment. It's sweet. I know. But when you're on baby #4 you'd think that he'd know how well I have this covered. I was all types of annoyed when it dawned on me how lucky I am to have someone so caring to annoy me. I felt bad because I was mad at him for caring. He didn't know that I had private plans for the morning that involved him not being with me. He was innocent and I was wrong. At the end of the day he can't read my mind. All he knew was that I was telling him that I wanted to go see our baby alone. That is my wifely lesson of the day that I'm sharing with all of you. Hopefully it helps someone to see what I saw. To see that we are blessed to have someone to argue with because they care about us and their unborn baby. Because they are protective of us. Because they WANT to spend time with us. I feel like a jerk for getting so upset with him. I ended up explaining to him what was really going on then of course he was like, 'Why didn't you just say that to begin with? That's fine. Just take a video.' 😅
I want to add that Brian and I have had horrible fights. We went through rough patches and barely made it through. But as time passed fights changed. What used to be a big deal wasn't anymore. How we used to react stabilized. Things became more casual. We had more perspective on what matters and what doesn't. I don't want to come across like we never have ugly fights. We have had plenty. We just don't have them often. Less and less as the years pass. I assume that's common in marriage? To get better with time.
Post a Comment