Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Teaching Our Children to be Kind

Tonight at church there was a little girl there that is in Charlee's class at school. She was crying and saying that she didn't want to be at church because she was scared. I sat her on my lap and cuddled her. Quickly the tears faded and she was full of giggles but before all was well my sweet, sweet daughter came over to us. She noticed that her friend was upset and she came to the rescue. Charlee gave the little girl a bracelet that meant a lot to Charlee. She gave up something special just to see JJ smile. At that point I was choking back tears of my own. 
Fast forward to the end of the night when everyone who said their verses goes to to the front of the church and gets a prize. Andlee said her verses this week so she proudly bounced up to the front to get her candy. Before she even got back to her seat she was handing out that candy to everyone that she passed. A limited amount of candy but that didn't stop her from sharing it. In fact, it was her first instinct to share it.
I often feel like I fail as a mom. I second guess myself and when my kids are fighting I seriously wonder where I went wrong but moments like tonight remind me that I must be doing something right to have such giving, kind hearted kids. I am so proud of them. It's unreal. I'm always telling them that if you can be anything at all, be kind but kindness is something that is taught through actions not just words. We are the example for our children. Not only the way that we act but also the way that we make them feel. When we validate their worth and give confidence we teach them how to be secure human beings. When we show them love and kindness we instill in them how they should treat others. If you want to know what kind of person/parent that you are I truly believe that it reflects greatly in your children so be a good example. Remember that their little eyes and ears are ALWAYS on you. Our children are the next generation and we can raise them to be the change in the world. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram