*Charlee is after my husbands late uncle Charley. We were extremely close to him and he couldn't wait for us to 'have him some babies'. He passed away 2 weeks before we found out that we were expecting. Noelle, Charlee's middle name, was picked by Brian because our date of conception with her was Christmas Eve.
*Andlee is my parents names combined, Andy and Le'Ann. Her middle name is Kay after my mother in law. Her name was honestly my favorite to come up with. I've still to this day never heard her name anywhere or met someone that has heard her name. It's uniqueness is something that I take a lot of pride in.
*Brian 'Hudson' Joe is named after my husband, my dad, my father in law, and my maiden name. I surprised Brian last minute by giving Hudson, Brian's name. Brian thought that we were just naming him Hudson Joe. Joe is my dad's middle name, my father in law's middle name, and my husband's middle name. It was a very special moment when we revealed his name to our families. My dad was one proud papa to be having his father's name sake passed on to my son. Brian teared up when I told him that I had changed Hudson's legal first name to Brian. He never expected it and we never discussed it. I regret not recording his reaction when I told him. It was the best.
So as you can tell naming our children was/is a very personal thing for us just as it should be.
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE the baby name game. I've seriously named atleast 10 of my friends kids because they know that I enjoy coming up with unique names that have meaning to a specific couple so I get asked for help a lot.
I love naming babies so much that my husband and I have picked out names for our next 10 kids ha. I'm kidding. I think? We aren't really planning to have 10 more kids but we do have 10 plus names that we love and want to use. Some people think that it's nuts to be planning the names of your future children. I do not feel that way and I have a few good reasons why I plan ahead.

I left out the names that we will most likely be using in the future. I won't reveal our next child's name until we have a baby in our arms and have found out the gender. It'll be a birth/gender/name announcement all in one. I've never known anyone or heard of anyone who is named most of the names that are on our special list so I'm not worried about someone in our area coming up with them or using them. They are not only special to us as a family but they are also super unique. For that reason they don't apply to the #2 that I mentioned earlier in this post ha.
Reason #1- I regret the middle name that we gave our oldest daughter. I wish that we had used Eileen or Louise after our grandmothers. I should of put more long term thought into that name. Don't get me wrong Noelle is special to us and it's pretty. I just wish that we had used a family name.
Reason #2- If you are open about what you will be naming your future baby people that you know are less likely to use that name. Sounds silly, I know. You can't trade mark names. I get it. However, when you live in a tiny town like us you don't want a bunch of kids having the same name as your child. In bigger areas that's less avoidable but here everyone knows everyone and people that know you probably aren't going to use the name that you'll be using. It's just common courtesy, right? Plus surely they won't want their child to have the same name as another child who is the same age. I might sound selfish but I've checked many names off of my own 'love it' list because someone that I know had used that name first. In fact the name that we were dead set on using if our son had been a girl was used before we found out the gender and I gave that name up. I actually cried a few times over it because it was so special to us and unique but I couldn't use it knowing that there would be another child in the same grade as ours with that name and that a friend had already used it. It just feels like stealing to me. I'm weird. I know this.
Reason #3- We lost a baby last year so for obvious reasons we put a lot of serious thought into what we'd be naming that baby. It wasn't just a 'maybe someday' thing. It was our reality and after losing that baby we still wanted to pick a name for our next child. We didn't stop planning just because we were no longer expecting soon.
Reason #4- Every time that you have a baby you never know if it'll be your last. Even if you plan to have more kids, God's plan might be different. You don't want to have any regrets by not using a name that you love or that was special to you so giving yourself a lot of time (years in our case) you're less likely to have regrets.
Our baby name options list is long. We just might give our next child a bunch of names and be done with it or we might actually end up with 10 more kids. Who knows what will happen but I do know this, whatever we decide will be exactly what WE want. Naming our children is for us as parents. It doesn't matter what anyone else has to say or if somebody hates the name that you've chosen. You do you and enjoy every single moment of it. It's one of the biggest things that we will ever do and it stays with you and your children forever.
Now I'm going to share with you guys a few of my favorite baby names that have made our list at one point or another.
You may be nearing the end of your pregnancy with a nameless baby and need some ideas. You might be like me and simply just planning ahead. You might be done having kids but you still love to ponder kids names. You might be helping a friend or family member get some name ideas for their child. Heck, you might just be naming a pet. If any of those are the case, this is for you.
*Note that if you don't like somewhat unique names you'll probably hate all of these.

I left out the names that we will most likely be using in the future. I won't reveal our next child's name until we have a baby in our arms and have found out the gender. It'll be a birth/gender/name announcement all in one. I've never known anyone or heard of anyone who is named most of the names that are on our special list so I'm not worried about someone in our area coming up with them or using them. They are not only special to us as a family but they are also super unique. For that reason they don't apply to the #2 that I mentioned earlier in this post ha.
Happy gaming folks and may the odds be ever in your favor!
Post a Comment