Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

A Reminder to Stay Positive



My Facebook time hop for the day (above picture) was another reminder of why I have spent 2 years changing my life in regards to who I allow in it. I spent so much time allowing negative people, social media pressure/inadequacy, drama that didn’t really matter, etc influence how my day would go. It’s easy to get sucked into a world of perfectly staged IG pages and YouTube accounts to make us feel like we aren’t good enough or like we are the odd man out in how wild our day to day lives are. It’s easy to not feel pretty enough or skinny enough. It’s easy to let people (even family) remain apart of our world’s who never deserved to be there In the first place. Who never earned that place in our lives. Sometimes it’s people who we didn’t know well. Sometimes it’s a sibling. Sometimes it’s a complete stranger that you just know online. Regardless of who it is we HAVE to have boundaries. People should EARN a place in our world. Be picky. Be purposeful. Be careful. I’ve blogged about this many times but it’s because I wish that I could personally hold each of your faces and say it right to you! LIVE LIFE WITH PURPOSE AND POSITIVITY. MAKE UPLIFTING CHOICES IN ALL THAT YOU DO. The most magical thing that I’ve ever done for myself was to let go of what I thought I needed to be and accept who I am. Accept that some people, no matter how badly you wish that it was different, don’t bring you joy or peace. They may seem like they are a lot like you. You may want to be friends because your lifestyles APPEAR to be the same. You may want them to love you back because they are your blood. But none of that matters if it’s one sided. All that you can do is let go of them and live for a positive life. Make meaningful choices. Be careful who you allow in your circle. Encourage people every chance that you get. Check on your friends. Compliment people on social media and in person. Tell that girl that she’s gorgeous or that you love her hair. Congratulate that couple on Facebook who just got engaged even if you’re sad that it’s not you. Cheer that family on who just bought a new home even if you want a new home but can’t afford it. Smile and wave at the girl who you know talks badly about you behind your back but don’t care because what she thinks of you isn’t any of your business. The world doesn’t always need your reaction to getting treated badly. It doesn’t need to know everything that you know or hear what you see. You don’t need to call out those who are a fake show of kindness on social media but an vile person in real life. I say that as someone who used to vent openly often about people who lied or did others wrong. Listen to me! When you learn to not dwell on those things, you will truly know joy and contentment. It took me 28 years to find that kind of strength within myself and I tell people every chance I get how important it is to live this way. Of course there are exceptions and will be times when something upsets you but I wish that I could share this type of happiness and wholesome living with everyone. This place comes with growth and learning. Let it come to you. Let go of anything that repeatedly hurts you or upsets you. Make choices that keep you in a positive place. I recently made my social media pages all private because as much as I enjoy the interaction with like minded people that I come into contact with daily through my IG, I needed a break from certain people reacting to everything that I posted and causing a fight over it. Even with having them blocked, they were reacting to my stuff within hours. It was causing drama for my parents and I that we don’t need and that’s not the life that I live. When I’m done, I’m done - DONE! I don’t give it another ounce of my stress. I remember it because that’s how I learn not to make the same mistakes over and over but it’s as good as dead to me once I let go. 
If you hear anything that I have to say please hear this, live your life to bring you nothing but joy. Choice by choice. Day by day. Let go of people even if it’s hard. Let go of being done wrong even if you didn’t deserve. Let go of the sadness or anger. Move on. Love your life. Love your tribe. Be happy for others. Fix their crowns. Compliment their acknowledgements. Don’t take things too seriously. Don’t obsess over someone who has never made you happy or encouraged you. Especially if your personal experience with them was always a negative one. Stop focusing on people that are spiritually dark and heavy. 

I feel so awkward when I say how happy I am but y’all know that I’m no stranger to sharing my feelings. Good and bad. I have proved that over and over again on this blog and on my personal pages. If I’m hurting, I say it. If I’m happy, I say it. If I’m mad, you’ve probably heard about it. I don’t just share my highs. I’ve shared many lows. I’ve also made it clear that the song that I’m singing is solely because I had to learn it for myself. The hard way. I didn’t just wake up this person. It’s not natural for me. It took work. Twenty-eight years of work! It took experience and doing it all wrong to see it. It changed me on the deepest of levels and I will never, ever be that person again. I will neverrrr spend that much time worried about things that do not matter.  I will never intentionally allow negative people back into my bubble. 

Because this life, my life has never been more genuinely fulfilling. Where I am at as a Christian, wife, mom, friend, daughter, teacher, student, homemaker, rancher, business owner, sibling to my little sister, aunt, and person is hands down my favorite chapter to date. The type of meaningful day to day interactions that I have and thoughts that I maintain are so humbling. We are living a dream even through heart aches and let downs. Delays on our home. Cutting ties with a family member. Miscarriage cracking my soul. We still found positivity through it. We are walking such an incredible and exciting journey. Those struggles are worth it. We are living the benefits now as we continue to maintain bonds with our amazing friends and family that we hand picked to be in our lives. As we finally start the building process of our ranch after almost a month of long turnaround delays. As we add to our family yet again in more ways than one. As we continue to grow in love with each other every single day as husband and wife. As we plan new trips and journeys together as both a family and as a couple including our dream vacation to Alaska in March to see the Northern Lights. Sometimes I can’t sleep at night because I let fear creep in. I get scared that my life feels so ‘perfect’ that something bad is bound to wreck it but I remind myself that we’ve seen bad! We’ve experienced bad! We know loss and pain. We have made huge sacrifices and hard scary choices. We have let go of people that we were friends or family with forever. We have had to seriously reevaluate our marriage and remind ourselves what matters and what doesn’t. We are living out our reward for all of the hard ships that it took to get here. We are reaping the fruits of our labors and soaking in the rewards of the countless hard choices that we’ve made over the last few years. Surround yourself with love and positivity and you will live with love and positivity 🤍





Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram