Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Pregnancy Update: Week 26



Today I’m 26 weeks pregnant and it blows my mind how quickly this pregnancy is going by. I have never been this eager to meet one of my children this early, as weird as that may sound. It’s not that I’m ‘done being pregnant’. I love being pregnant. But for some reason I AM SO READY FOR HIM TO BE HERE! I try to remind myself that this is <probably> my last pregnancy and how badly I wanted to be pregnant during the Fall-Christmas time so I need to slow down on the whole wishing him here thing and simply enjoy it. I also have several things left to do to prepare for bringing him into the world and for the holidays. I recently started Christmas shopping. His room is done aside from finishing his bedding which I can’t do until his fabric gets here. I have done all of the item purging for our house hold and home decluttering that I wanted to do before Christmas. I am going to put my Christmas decor up the first week of October (Judge me, that’s fine but right now I’m not giant pregnant yet and I’m feeling somewhat decent so why not get it done while I’m in a better ‘condition’ than I will be in another month from now?). I have all of the clothes, blankets, bibs, nursing covers, baby wraps, and bedding areas for him that I need. But I don’t have a car seat, swing, or Moses basket yet and of course, I still have most of my holiday shopping to do. Not to mention gift wrapping. I need to get that done before my belly is too big to wrap over ha. It’s just a lot going on in the same month that he will be born so I want it all done by that month. I’ll get there though and it’ll be okay. 

As far as pregnancy news and symptoms goes:

-Weight gain? Check. Like, roughly 15 lbs kind of ‘check’. We are growing at rapid speed. 

-Gestational diabetes test? Check. I passed. 

-Cravings? Check. Ice, spicy foods (specifically chips and salsa), and sweet whole pickles. Basic prego, i know. I know. 

-Braxton Hicks? Check. But honestly I don’t have them much at all anymore. My uterus is calm and cozy for once. 

-Glowy skin? Not check. My skin is so textured and awful right now. It’s never been this rough but I did find a skin care line that I’m living for and has helped a ton so stay tuned for that review next week. 

-Placenta Previa? Gone. Gone. Gone. The partial previa resolved itself by 20 weeks which leads me to my final update... 

This past week we rehired a midwife to deliver Granger at our home. It has been a roller coaster, in true Callee Lane pregnancy fashion, but things are going so amazing. I’m healthy. Baby is healthy. We have zero medical issues. We are low risk. It’s been that way for awhile so Brian and I decided that it was worth taking the plunge and planning a home birth again. At the end of the day, I can’t give that dream up. I’m going to fight for it and I was so thankful to of found a midwife that met my book long list of requirements AND wasn’t booked full in December. If you don’t know, I’m a midwife student. I’m in the PEP to become a CPM (for the 4 state area) and LLM (for Arkansas). So I was even more picky this time when deciding on who I was going to trust my son and I’s life with. My husband also had his own requirements that had to be met. It was a long, long process that actually began before this pregnancy even started. We consulted with 28 midwives in the states of AR and OK.  I was even considering using one in Edmond which is 3 hours from us. I can’t express enough how picky we were. You learn a lot when you spend years researching midwives and when you are a midwife student yourself but I’m completely smitten with our choice and very excited about our labor and delivery journey. I deeply believe that this will be everything plus more than I imagined. I feel it so strongly. It’s going to be all of my ‘pregnancy and birth dreams’ coming true. 



(officially into that ‘hubby’s clothes feels the best’ stage 🤷🏻‍♀️)

If you’re in our area and looking for help picking a midwife, feel free to reach out to me. I have a notebook full of details on each midwife including some of their reputations with other midwives. I will do a post next all about picking the perfect midwife. What questions to ask, what research to do, what to know, what’s important, ect. There’s a lot that goes into making such a serious choice. More than even I knew until I became a student. 


Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram