Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Pregnancy Update: Week 7

Good morning, friends. I hope that you’re each having a wonderful week. I wanted to pop in and do an update on my 7 week prenatal appointment and on how I’ve been feeling. 






My appointment went well. We heard the baby’s heart beat and he/she measured within a week of what we expected so they left my due date the same. We go back in a week and a half to see the baby again and are taking our children with us to that appointment. They are so excited. My blood pressure was a little high and I did have a kidney infection so we did labs to check on my liver and kidney function. We also did a one hour glucose test which was a first for me in early pregnancy but they wanted to cover all of their basics since i do have a little bit of trouble in pregnancy. We got our game plan together for weekly progesterone injections that I will continue the entire pregnancy in hopes of preventing preterm labor. It was a long appointment but all in all it went well and was such a relief. As for how I’m feeling? It’s honestly been rough. Very rough. Migraines and throwing up hit me like a ton of bricks. I’ve never had such a hard time so early on as far as just all together feeling miserable. Any bad symptom possible, I am having. I feel like I have the flu every second of the day. Nothing homeopathic helps. I finally broke down and tried unisom and b6 but no luck so the doctor called in a prescription for a nausea gel. I haven’t tried it yet because I’m weird about medicine but I’m probably going to give it a go today. It’s very hard to do my everyday chores and be a mom of four when you feel so so awful constantly. It’s so bad that my husband has been having sympathy symptoms for me which is a real thing, by the way. It’s called Couvade Syndrome. We are just a little shit show around here ha. But so very happy to be experiencing this. We have a lot of exciting things coming up. We leave for Tennessee next month. We are going on a Babymoon/Anniversary trip in August without the kids. We had booked a trip to Vegas but being pregnant has kind of made us question going there. We are thinking NYC or the beach instead. We are also going to Colorado in August with the kids. Lots of traveling and praying that I feel better by then. PLUS we find out the sex in 2 weeks and are oddly anxious. You’d think that this was our first baby. We weren’t anxious at all with our youngest child but I think with this being our last baby there is a sense of urgency. We want to know what he or she is and start personalizing them. We want to know who will be completing our family. It’s very exciting. Everyone and their pet is team boy. I do think that it’s a boy but all of this sickness has me second guessing my intuition. We shall see very soon. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram