I get several of the same questions when it comes to this pregnancy so I thought that I’d answer some of them plus a few extra. I still can’t believe that I’m pregnant. I’ve known for 3 weeks and it doesn’t feel real yet. I’m so incredibly excited and that excitement intensifies each day.
Q: Is this really our last baby?
A lot of people don’t believe me when I say that we are done but we are 110% done having biological children. I prayed for years to have peace when that day came and I have a beautiful peace over this being my last pregnancy. God actually sent me that peace months before this baby was conceived. Brian and I had decided that if I didn’t get pregnant this Spring (so that I’d be due in the Winter like I’ve always wanted) we wouldn’t be trying to get pregnant any longer. We have been having unprotected sex since I had Eilee and had losses in those two years. He would be getting fixed if we didn’t get pregnant this spring and I felt content with that. In fact, I honestly believed that was God’s plan. That Eilee was our last child to birth and that He sent me peace for that reason. I had even told my mom that I couldn’t believe how okay I was with not having more kids. I never in a billion years expected to be fine with being done. This baby is the flawless conclusion to our family and I’m so so excited about watching us grow together as a complete family in that next stage of life. I am excited to cherish every single moment of this pregnancy and baby hood. It’s going to be wonderful.
Q: Do we know the sex? Why do we keep calling the baby Wayne?
We call the baby Wayne because that was my papa’s middle and regardless of the sex the baby’s name will include Wayne.
Q: Are we finding out the gender?
Yes, we will know the gender in roughly 3 weeks via blood test. However, we aren’t revealing the gender.
Q: Do I have a gut feeling on what the gender is?
I have assumed for years that I’d have another girl if we ever had another child but I think that this baby is a boy.
Q: What are we naming the baby?
Waynslee Perry Claud Lane if it’s a girl. Granger Wayne Claud Lane if it’s a boy. Waynie and Gray for short. Yes, we are doing double middle names again. We do not care at all about popularity or flow. We care about importance and uniqueness.
Q: Am I doing a home birth?
I’m excited to say that we have hired a nurse midwife and are planning a home birth. She’s a doll and has actually delivered two of my friends babies. We are still being seen by my regular OB in partnership with my midwife though to help monitor my issues. My midwife felt that it was best to have that reinforcement there just in case I go into preterm labor again or have a threatened miscarriage situation. I get my next ultrasound on May 7th and will begin injections to help prevent any preterm labor issues. I adore how I’m able to have a team to have my back in both situations. I have zero doubts that I’ll have a beautiful and successful home birth in the birth pool that will be perfectly staged right in front of my Christmas tree. Speaking of Christmas....
Q: What’s our plan to prepare for the holiday since I’m due on Christmas Day?
My plan is to be done Christmas shopping, gift wrapping, and decorating by mid-late October. I have full blown intentions of enjoying all of November and December chilling with my family and celebrating the season just as we always do. I’m going to get my holiday stuff done way early to avoid any added stress. I refuse to take away from my kids holiday because I’m big pregnant or have just given birth. It will all work out wonderfully. I know that.
Q: Were you trying?
Yes. As I mentioned above we were trying and had been for almost two years. I had roughly three months this spring to get pregnant to be due when I wanted to be. We had lost a baby on the cycle prior to the one that I conceived this baby plus we lost two before that Baby. I felt really defeated and the day that I took a test this time I had actually told myself that there’s no way that I’m pregnant. I was spotting. I was cramping. I wanted it so badly that I just knew that it wouldn’t happen. Not to mention what would be the odds that I got pregnant on a cycle that leaves me due on Christmas? I just felt like there was no way. I was shocked. Shaking. Crying. Freaking out. Shocked. Zero chill, shocked.
Q: Why would I want a Christmas time baby? Wouldn’t that be hard to make things fair or financially with the holiday being so close?
I have always wanted a Christmas time baby because it’s hands down the most wonderful time of the year. Everything about it screams love and homey. It is my family’s favorite and is so fulfilling to us. All feels peaceful in a Christmas atmosphere. Why wouldn’t we want a baby to be born during all of that perfection ha?! As far as fair or finances goes, we are great about making our kids birthday’s special without going over board. That day is about them. They pick out their gift, their cake, and what they want for dinner. We wake them up singing and dedicate the whole day to just them. Christmas time won’t change that nor will it break us. Even if this child is born on he/she’s due date (which most likely won’t happen with my history), we can still make that day special for them and about them. We will still have parties just for them on the weekend closest to their birthday. There is balance to be found and we will do great at finding it. I have zero concerns. Their birthday will be special. Some people want to get rid of any signs of Christmas around their kids birthdays but not me. I will embrace the season as apart of this baby’s birthday. After all, that’s why I wanted a baby due in December. The party theme ideas are already running rampant in my mind. Winter ONEderland will be their first birthday theme and it will be focused on all things Christmas. I get cheesy excited when I think about it. I will not let Christmas over shadow this baby’s birthday. I’m great about making things special and to me being surrounded by the atmosphere of Christmas just makes a birthday even more special. If this child doesn’t like it as they grow, I’ll accommodate their wishes but i highly doubt that will be the case.
Q: How am I feeling?
Aside from extreme fatigue, major bloat, and sensitive nipples when Eilee nurses, I feel great. I get pukey every now and then but nothing horrible. I’m 6 weeks and with my pregnancies that I had severe all day sickness I was super sick by now so I’m thinking that this baby won’t be like those pregnancies. With Andlee and Hudson I hardly ever felt sick.
Q: What room will be the baby’s?
If it’s a boy he will share a room with Hudson until we move him to his crib at night. At that point we will move Hudson’s room to the loft and Granger’s room will be Hudson’s current room. If it’s a girl her room will be upstairs and Char’s twin bed will go to Eilee’s room with side rails added to it. Char never ever uses her room. She sleeps in Andlee’s room on the top bunk so for now that room is perfect to be the nursery again. By the time that Char will want her own space Eilee and Waynslee can share a room. As for why not just make Charlee’s room the nursery for a boy too, We don’t want to repaint it so it won’t work for a boy’s room.
There will also be a cute nursery area in our master for the early months before we transition baby into he or she’s room.
Q: Do I have nursery themes picked?
I do but I’m not sharing those ideas or finished spaces until the baby is born. I will share the nursery area in our master though because it will be light, airy, and totally neutral to match our master. I will honestly most likely have that space finished and prepped with in a month. What can I say? I am excited.
Q: Am I starting over with baby items?
I have Eilee’s nice play pen, nursing covers, baby wearing gear, and some baby clothes for both sexes but other than that I am starting over. I sold most of our baby stuff after Eilee outgrew it because I didn’t know when or if we’d be able to have another.
Q: What are my must have essentials?
-A Moses basket
-A dock a tot (not an off brand as they aren’t tested for safety)
-Another 4 moms mamaroo swing
-Lots of cozy sleepers and warm blankets/outfits
-Another chicco infant seat
I also have a lot of non necessities that I’ll be getting.
Q: Am I planning to keep breastfeeding Eilee during my pregnancy?
Yes. I do not have any intentions of weaning her by force. If she self weans, that’s one thing though I hope that she doesn’t but I will not make her wean. It’s a dream of mine to tandem nurse so that’s the ultimate goal.
I think that’s all that I’ve got for now. I will be doing monthly pregnancy updates like I did with Eilee so stay tuned for months 1-2.
Post a Comment