As a family of six cleaning house and keeping up with laundry is literally a never finished job. The second that it’s close to done, it starts all over. You can almost always count on my laundry room having dirty clothes in the basket and clean clothes thrown on the counter top waiting to be folded or hung. We go through 2 loads of dishes a day. Five beds are slept in/messed up every single night. Toys are a obvious given to be scattered throughout our home despite our ‘only in the play room rule’. I sweep my floor multiple times a day and it’s still not enough (thank God that we don’t have carpet — as much as i sweep up i can’t fathom how gross carpet would be). It’s just safe to say that cleaning is a never ending chore and sometimes i simply don’t have the motivation to do it. However, it has to be done and i have a few basic tips to motivate myself so i want to share them with you.
Tip #1- I turn on my tailgater stereo (it gets super loud which I’m all about) and play my favorite pandora stations on it. Music gives me life and can set the mood for whatever you want it too.
Tip #2- I light my favorite scented candles. These change with the seasons but right now Pumpkin Waffles is my must have. I also alternate doing homemade candles (scented and unscented). I love the feel of candles but i also love running my diffuser which i add Essential Oils too that smell. When i run scents in it, i don’t typically burn scented candles but my point is that a smell that appeals to you instantly can perk you up and make you want to clean so that the looks of your house matches the amazing smell of it.
Tip #3- Crack open your windows and screen door on crisp breezy days. That air flow and chill helps lighten the room. Our home has SO MANY WINDOWS that it’s always bright in here but i love having the screen door in the dining room to open up and let the outdoor vibes, in. Same with the windows in each room.
Tip #4- Using good and safe cleaning products! I usually make my own with blends of essential oils, vinegar, baking soda, water, ect but i also have a few less holistic guilty pleasures. Mrs. Meyer’s multi surface spray, dish soap, ect are those loves. They are marketed to be more natural, which is true but they still contain chemicals that release toxins into the air. The scents are divine though so sorry not sorry. I minimize how often i use them.
Once the house is clean one the cold days, i build a fire. The smell, look, sound, and vibe that it gives off is so homey and cozy. It’s magical.
I hope that this post helps some of you get into the cleaning spirit. I legit just used these tips right before i publish this post ha. Happy cleaning!
**STAY TUNED FOR PUPPY UPDATES! They are due in less than a week so my next post will most likely be introducing them if it’s not about the kids bedrooms. Either way, litter announcement coming with in the week. Yay!
Post a Comment