Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2018

Rain, Rain — STAY! STAY! STAY!

**At one point 3 cows were staring in the windows mooing as if they wanted to be let in (there are videos on my personal Facebook page if you want to add me as a friend). In that moment my instinct was to call my papa and tell him about it. He would have laughed so hard. I had a little break down over that. Three months and it still doesn’t seem real that he’s gone. Grief is so hard. So, so hard. 



























If you’re a farmer, you know how important rain is for our lively hood. It’s always a welcomed matter but in Northeast Oklahoma/Northwest Arkansas area, farmers DESPERATELY need it. We are in a serious drought for our region. We rely on rain to water our crops and hay fields but also to fill our ponds (for those who don’t have automatic water feeders or running springs). Rain is an essential aspect of our lives. There has been so many storms recently but they all have literally split at us — missing us completely. We get the clouds. We get the lightening. We get the thunder. But we don’t get the rain. Well, until today that is. Right now it’s POURING and we are thankful! If you know me you know that I’m a huge fan of cloudy, stormy, dark, Fall like days. We built cathedral height windows in our living room so that i could watch it storm and snow. That was seriously our only reason for doing it. I live for it. Add a herd of cows in my front yard to that mix and I’m done. That’s a type of heaven to me. Some people complain about storms and rain, but not me. Not today. Not unless it’s a dramatic flooding situation. I’m so grateful for the rain and although i may be catching up on folding 3 loads of laundry, at least I’m enjoying the view. I am stupid smitten with it. 







Happy Friday, friends. My bigs are off to their 2nd day of school and drop off went perfectly. They each had a wonderful day yesterday. My heart is full and so glad that it was a positive experience. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram