I’m always meeting new people or making new friends. I’m a huge people person. I love diversity and i love building relationships with people. Recently I’ve gotten close to one particular friend and it’s been great. We’ve known of each other for many years and our kids are best friends but we hadn’t actually hung out until a few months ago. We’ve talked constantly since. On Thursday we went on not one but two dates together ha. We went out for lunch just us and Eilee then we went out for dinner with all of our kids and our husbands. It’s so nice to have friends that live close, have young children, and are like minded. One of the first things this friend pointed out about me was my openness when i had a problem and how i always give people the benefit of the doubt. Long story short i had heard that this person said something negative about me so instead of freaking out, i simply asked her. I was kind and straight forward. I’m huge on going to the source rather than assuming everything that i hear is true. I’ve had people jump to conclusions with me and get super salty even when i was being kind. People are can be easily triggered and bitchy, sadly. It’s shameful how fast people get offended these days.
Anyways I’m HUGE on ‘girl power’! Girls lifting girls up. Moms lifting moms up. Complimenting each other and not talking down on each other. Being modest about our lives and possessions rather than being braggy or all “look at me”. Not competing or feeling the need to be better than someone else. The best people in the world are HUMBLE and KIND people. There’s a saying that says, “You never build yourself up by tearing someone else down!” and it’s so true. I come to people and openly address issues that i may have. I always ask. You can tell everything about a persons character in the way that they respond to being confronted. That’s what i loved about Ashley. She didn’t get defensive or bitchy. She was kind and patient. She was open and put it all out there. She was apologetic for her name being mixed up with things that she had nothing to do with. Those are the people i keep in my life. People who aren’t aggressive. People who build others up constantly. People who don’t sit around talking shit. People who don’t see every little thing as a competition. People who have no problem saying, ‘I was wrong. I’m sorry!’ or ‘I’m jealous of your beautiful hair.’ rather than being shady about it. I make a point to compliment someone every single day. Literally, not a day passes that i don’t compliment people. It brings me so much joy. Even if I’m home all day, I’ll do it on social media. I do it so much that my kids now do it too. Whether it’s Andlee telling the lady who gives us our food at McDonald’s how pretty she is or it’s Charlee telling a little girl in Walmart that she loves her shoes, they constantly show kindness to others. They make me so proud. There’s nothing better than seeing the smiles on strangers faces that your own children caused by simply following your example. I’m far from perfect. I have strong opinions about things and I’m by no means a softy in certain areas but i work to better myself as a person, a friend, a mom, a wife, and a daughter every day.
Guys, be kind. Make compliments. Brag on someone else. Don’t be salty or jealous of others. Don’t be confrontational. Make friends. Stop being so competitive that you can’t even build bonds with people who have more than you do because you feel the need to one up them. Be humble. It’s okay to not be like someone else or have what they have. Just chill out and enjoy building friendships. Authentic and open friendships. Be a positive energy, always. Let your guard down and kick the pride aside. There’s nothing more beautiful than a pretty heart.
Inspiring women, inspire women.
Post a Comment