Search This Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Taking a Time Out

Today I caught myself worn out and wishing that I could spend the whole day at home in my pajamas. Life is busier now than it has ever been and I love that but I also underestimated how much I'd want a rest day every once in awhile. Three evenings a week we have cheerleading, twice a week we have church, every evening we work with our show cows, on Sunday's we have lunch with my in laws, every Saturday in the last 2 months we have not only had youth football games but also birthday parties to go to. Last Saturday we had a birthday party AND a house warming party on top of cheerleading. This Saturday we had a wedding AND a birthday party at the same time an hour after cheer so Brian took the bigs to the birthday party and I took Eilee to the wedding. Next week we have Charlee's first cow show. It's at the Tulsa State Fair which is a big show for the area. We will be there 3 days so we will be staying the night in Tulsa Thursday after cheer practice-Sunday. We also have cheerleading as usual on Tuesday and Thursday, church on Wednesday, and family pictures on Monday. Brian's hunting trip is coming up and they've decide to leave earlier to scout the area so I'll be on my own for 9-10 days. Soon I'll need to start decorating for the holiday home tour that we were asked to do and of course there's Halloween. I have yet to decide what my kids will be so I really need to figure that out. All of that doesn't even include doctors & dentist appointments for 6 people, school events, fundraisers, parent teacher conferences, paying bills, running regular errands, ect. Thinking about how busy life will continue to be for basically ever makes me wish that we could sit aside one day a week or even every 2 weeks to simply be lazy and not leave the house. I need to make that a priority because all of this running around is usually a lot of fun but it's also tiring for us all at times. I miss long talks every night with Brian. I miss spending all day with my kids all cuddled up watching movies. I miss not having to wear a bra every day. I miss the simplicity but I also love that my kids are involved in so much extra curricular stuff. Their group of friends varies a ton because they are around so many different kids. All of those friends are what keeps the birthday party list so big ha. I've also been able to meet new moms and reconnect with high school friends who have kids my kids ages. 
All of that babbling to say, mom life chaos is fun and has it's endless amount of rewards but we all need to take a day off occasionally to simply enjoy our loved ones in a peaceful setting. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram