Anyways, my appointment went perfectly. The doctor was straight up proud of me for breastfeeding simply because I have 3 other young children. He went on and on about it. He was also proud of how well I am mentally. That sounds awful I know ha. But really he said that depression was more common with mothers who had several children because things can be very overwhelming. I loath a braggy person. Like seriously can not stand people who do it constantly. It's one thing to be proud of something or someone but it's another to do it for show. However, I am really happy with myself and how great I'm doing adjusting to everything. I'm proud of my weight loss. I'm proud of breastfeeding. I'm proud of being a good mom. I'm proud of still having alone time every day with each of my babies. I'm proud of keeping my house fairly clean and my laundry caught up. I'm proud that I occasionally even make dinner ha. (Brian's the chief). I'm just proud. I know it's my job but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of women couldn't and wouldn't do what I do. Breastfeeding is very hard when you have 3 other children. It's time consuming and it's all on me as a mom to do. No one else can feed her for me. Yet I make it work, cherish the bond, still get my household shit done, and stay fully engaged with my bigs. I feel pretty beastly but I'm done patting myself on the back now. Moving on, It was so nice to see my doctor and his staff. They are all so personal and kind. They gifted me a Willow doll which meant so much to me. My mom bought me the pregnant doll when I was in the hospital in Tulsa for preterm labor so to receive the newborn one was special to me. I will definitely be collecting them from here on. I adore them.

Eilee is also doing wonderful. She's the cutest little thing. She's almost 9 lbs now and 23" long. She smiles and makes coo noises. Her eyes are lightening around her pupils and will continue to lighten I'm sure. She can no longer wear 90% of her newborn sleepers because she's too long which hit this mama in a soft spot. I may or may not hold off on packing those away to avoid that milestone. She is finally on a schedule and sleeps longer periods at night. Praise Jesus ha. I feel like a new lady. She eats her siblings up and gets so cracked up at them. I adore watching them all four interact and I know that it will just get even more exciting as Eilee grows.



Post a Comment