Yesterday the girls cheered their first football game and I cheer coached my first game. It was a very anticipated and exciting day. The girls did a wonderful job despite it being very hot. My squad also did good. I was so nervous about coaching with Eilee. It's hot. She's tiny. She eats fairly often and nursing in the heat is hard on us both. Having a blanket over you and your baby on top of already being sweaty isn't ideal so I go to the car and nurse. Thankfully though Eilee is on a schedule so I can nurse her at home right before I leave for cheer practice/games. We've had 5, 1 hour practices and 1, 1 1/2 hour game. She hasn't gotten hungry during any of them so far. I coach for my nieces grade so my mom watches the baby in the shade or in the car while I coach. There's also another lady there that helps coach so if I have to step away she can step in. It's worked out much better than I expected but next year I'll coach 1st grade/my daughters grade. Older girls is what I prefer to coach but it's too long of a day on game day to be there for the 1st-4th grade games. That's why my girls cheer with the 4th graders this year. We love cheerleading. I figured that my luck would be having daughters who hated to cheer but so far they are as obsessed with it as I am. When football season is over we are starting gymnastics. It's easier to learn to tumble when you're younger/a child. I want them to master it now so if they do want to continue to cheer long term they will have the tumbling part down. Life has gotten so busy and it's just going to get busier. On Tuesday's, Thursday's, and Saturday's we have cheerleading. On Wednesday's we have church. Every evening we work with Charlee's show cow. Her first show is in 3 weeks. I knew that it'd be absolutely insane with 4 kids in extra curricular stuff but I didn't realize that it'd be this crazy with just 2 in it. I'm definitely that 'soccer mom' in a big SUV between cheer, church, livestock showing, sleep overs, breastfeeding, having 3 kids in school, and running all over town to do regular errands. Our lives will be totally bonkers in a few years. I honestly don't know how we will do it all and still manage to sleep ha. But honestly, I LOVE IT! This was what I looked forward to when I imagined having a big family. I love craziness and chaos. I love being busy and overly involved.
Post a Comment