Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Five Years Ago Today

Five year ago today my dad had open heart surgery. I'll never forget sitting in a waiting room full of family and friends stalking a phone that kept us updated as his surgery progressed. I cried the entire surgery. I was pregnant with our Andee junior and ended up going into labor 5 months early that same night. It was extremely hard for me all around. My best friend was as fragile as I'd ever seen him and I was on the verge of delivering our baby way too soon. Thankfully they were able to stop my labor and my dad made it through surgery well. One of the most beautiful moments of my life was walking into his hospital room after his surgery and him looking at me, smiling, then giving me a big thumbs up. That man is everything that a hero could be. He, in my eyes, is flawless. I learned so much about life that day. It was the first time that something truly heart wrenching happened to me. It was the first time that I realistically felt what it would be like to live life without my loved ones. It changed me. I didn't sweat the small stuff anymore. I didn't take things for granted like I did before. I spent more time with my family. I said 'I love you' way more. I cherished good health and happiness. Stuff that we all take for granted and don't even realize it. 
Now, I've known much harder and sadder times but the lesson is always the same. CHERISH WHAT YOU HAVE! Cherish your family. Cherish your health. Cherish your friends. Cherish simple and uneventful life. Love with everything that you have and don't hold grudges. Don't have regrets. Live life full heartedly. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram