The past week I've had off and on migraines. Anyone who has experienced migraines knows just how crippling they can be but for me, it's even more intense. I have hemopledgic migraines and a mini stroke disorder. When I get these migraines they often lead to strokes, imitate a stroke, or indicate that a stroke is happening. I have an emergency medicine that I can take to help stop them if I catch it soon enough but with moving I had packed away most of the medicine and put it into storage. I rarely have this extreme of a migraine and I assumed that we'd be moving soon so I didn't think twice about packing up the medicine cabinet. I was finally on the mend but now I have an insane sinus infection. My head feels like it's seriously going to blow up. My entire sinus cavity is full of pressure and fluid. My ears hurt. My neck hurts. My eyes hurt. My nose hurts. My temples hurt. I don't want to do anything but lay down in a dark room however, we all know that when you're a mom life doesn't slow down because you feel like shit. Not only do I have the typical craziness of raising 3 preschoolers but I'm also still throwing up daily from pregnancy and in the middle of moving. My husband helps as much as he can/is allowed but life must go on for him too. He has a job that our family relies on financially and I feel like he deserves to come home and rest so I tend to not let him help as much as he wants to. Mom life is hard but we have to remind ourselves that on our worst days, we are still badasses. Not everyone can do what we do and do it full heartedly. Don't get down on yourself if you feel overwhelmed. With all that's on our plates at any given time we wouldn't be doing something right if it wasn't a little overwhelming. You've got this. I've got this. We've all got this.
That being said, I am so ready to feel better and for life to slow down a bit. I wish that I could snap my fingers and be moved into our new temporary home. I wish that we were in the process of building our cozy dream home and done with the ups and downs of waiting to close on the farm. We are days away though and I can't wait. We are having a huge celebration with our families when this is over with ha. Steaks and beer for everyone (but me) 😉
I'll say a prayer for you to feel better. Nothing worse than being sick with a cold/flu or in your case a sinus infection while being pregnant and being super mom to the older babes. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
ReplyDelete-Anon.