Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2016

The Hardest Time of My Life

Eleven days ago my dad was admitted into the hospital for renal kidney failure. His kidneys are functioning 0%. Anyone who knows me knows that my dad is my soul. I am a daddy's girl in the biggest way possible. He's my rock and my hero. All of this has taken a toll on me like nothing before. A week ago they sedated him and put him on a ventilator. This is the longest that I've ever went without talking to my dad. The longest by days. I miss his personality so much. I need him awake and healthy. I need to hear him mouthing me for stealing his shirts to sleep in. I need to be receiving his mile long texts of fatherly wisdom. I need to hear him laughing over a silly cartoon. I need him to be sneaking my kids pop and candy even though he knows that it drives me crazy. I need him, period. Every single ounce of my soul has him in it. The thought of losing him sends my body face to the floor and gives me overwhelming agony. Take the advice that I'm about to give you. Take it from a terrified and heart broken daddy's girl. Two weeks ago my world was wrapped up in a new house, a movie coming out, what my kids were wearing for the holidays, getting my hair done, and a million other stupid things. Now ALL that matters to me is my dad staying here on earth with us and being healthy. I can't function anymore. I constantly feel like someone is standing on my chest. I need my dad. Life is so fragile. Do not let petty things cause conflict. Do not waste so much time 'living life' that you don't even live it at all. Focus on your loved ones. Spend time with them. Let the little stuff go. At the end of the day the only regret you could be living with is the regret of not giving your all to your family. I know that my God is big and that my dad is strong. I know that this fight isn't over. Please stop what ever you're doing and pray for dad. Pray safety over him and pray for healing. Pray that he comes home soon happy and healthy. He has babies and grand babies missing him in an unexplainable way ❤️ 


My next update will be big news and more upbeat so stay tuned. 


 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram