Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Our Official Floor Plan for the New House



 
Today we received our contractors final floor plan draw up of our new home. It was one thing to see my own personal sketch on paper but to see it as an official, completely unique to our desires floor plan was a huge thrill for us. After seeing it all drawn up professionally I did decide to swap the downstairs bathroom and Andee's room so that the bathroom met our master but other than that this is exactly what our home will be laid out like. This process is already so much fun and I seriously can't wait to enjoy every single step. From pushing dirt to build on to picking out paint colors and flooring. I almost don't want to push for that '4 month move in date' that the contractor promises because this is such a once in a lifetime experience. I don't want to rush it away. We get so pumped when we talk about it/plan for it. I've always said that my dream come true was to live completely secluded in a Colorado Mountains type of log cabin with a stunning view and that's exactly what I'm getting. I could cry imagining myself and my family sitting in our living room, infront of the fire place and watching the snow fall on the hills out of our giant wall of windows. Ahhh. Our own cozy little slice of HEAVEN! Don't judge me but I've already started shopping for new Christmas decor for the 2017 holiday home tour next year. 

Thankfully Brian's taste is just like mine for the most part so we haven't had any big disagreements on things. He's just as excited as I am about the new house. Actually, I think he's more excited because we will have a creek running through our back yard and lots of land full of wild game so the location is a giggers/hunters dream come true all in itself. Oh the fun times to be had all around on our future homestead. 

We are down sizing from 3000 sq ft to just over 2300 sq ft but we have a lot of wasted space in our current home. We actually have 2 kitchens and a large storage room which is totally not needed. Plus I wanted that 'Wow!' factor in our new home which meant less square footage and more extravagant details. It is definitely a quality over quantity thing. We are still getting 5 bedrooms so that our family to grow and that was the most important thing to me. Five bedrooms big enough for a full size bed or two twin beds and a dresser in each room. Brian was originally against down sizing but he finally realized how much we are upgrading as far as the style and details of the home go. We can get everything that we need in a smaller space. We aren't divas over here ha. Our dream home is a shack to someone else and we are JUST FINE with that. Less house for momma to clean and it will be 100% paid for up front. You can't beat that. 

After a lot of researching how to get started and learning how to edit videos I've decided to start vlogging our journey. My first 'new home' vlog post will be the day that we take our builder to the actual site where the house will be built. I will probably do a few practice vlogs before then though so stay tuned for all of that fun stuff ha. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram