If you would have told me 9 years ago that I'd end up living in the small town that I was raised in as a farmers wife I would of laughed in your face. I was a city girl through and through. When I was 18 my mom took me to New York City to job hunt/apartment shop for after graduation. I was dead set on living life in the city that never sleeps. Nothing was going to stop me from moving there (or so I thought) and my parents fully supported me even though they hated the idea. I love the people. I love the chaos. I love that thousands of options for eating and shopping are easily accessible. I love that the city is always crazy. My 'loves' for it are truly endless. I'll be a regular NYC vacationer for life and I can't wait to go back in December to see all of the Christmas decor in person.
However, I fell madly in love with a cowboy and the rest is history ha. I'm shocked to say that I'm completely happy with where I ended up in life. I couldn't have picked a better lifestyle to raise my children in. It's simple and peaceful. Everything that we do we do together. From fishing to checking the cows to feeding bottle calves to spending hours at life stock shows, we are always close to home and together. Our quality time as a family is easily focused on enjoying the moment for all that it's worth because we don't have the distractions of city life. Not only that but I'm an animal lover to the core so I adore messing with them daily. I love to ride our horses and to work with our show cows. It's not always the cleanest life but it's such a beautiful life. Everywhere that I look I see God's artwork. I find so much joy in the ordinary here.
Don't get me wrong I'll always cherish my city get aways full of Starbucks, Hobby Lobby, Red Lobster, and Target but I'd pick small town life every single time when it comes to raising a family.












L

Post a Comment