Today I received mail that had me in tears the second that I saw it. Mail sent from our towns school and. addressed to my daughters. All of the feels are so real right now.

As of August 11th we will have TWO kids in 'big kid school'. Our sweet little girls are both going to K-4. I have so much anxiety about this that it's not even funny. I've been a stay at home mom all of their lives. It's them and I all day, every day. We are all that each other knows. Charlee (our almost 5 year old) went to Headstart a few hours a week last year because she had major separation issues from me. Brian and I both agreed that we had to do something to help wean her into full time public school. Five days a week, 8 hours a day is extremely overwhelming for a child whose only been with their parents and never been left anywhere without them aside from their grandparents houses, of course. Dropping Charlee of at Headstart was awful. I mean AWFUL! She climbed onto our legs and lost her mind. I'd stay in her class for hours at first to help make her feel safe there but it took forever to get easier. She loves school. She comes home so excited about things that she learned each time that she went. She loved all of her school friends and her teachers. Yet she still cried when we'd leave her. Andlee (our just turned 4 year old) is the complete opposite. She has zero separation issues. She's a life of the party, never met a stranger, comfortable where ever she is, type of girl. I have zero worries with how she'll do at drop off. I've talked school up so much this summer. My mom and niece have chipped in too. We go on and on about how awesome and fun school is. My mom let the girls pick out their backpacks online. It was so cute. A million back packs later and they finally decided on which ones they wanted. It's funny how well each back pack reflects their personalities. We also went on a big school supply shopping trip and made a fun day of it. My mom, mother in law, and myself have spent all summer buying the girls clothes and shoes for school. To say that we all have a shopping problem is a large understatement ha!

I'm definitely not ready to have kids in school. I feel like I'm about to go through an empty nest type of situation but part of me is excited to get this alone time with Hudson so I do look forward to that. We have open house on the 9th so we will meet the girls teachers then and get to see their class rooms. Wish us luck and check back in on the 11th to see how their first day goes 📚📝
Chaley will be starting school with them! I'm super nervous but I think she will love it. I hope at least one of your girls are in class with her :)
ReplyDeleteAhh YAY! Surely one of them will be in class with her. You'll have to tell me who she's getting after open house. I'd love for them to be together. I think her and Charlee have personalities a lot alike so they'd hit it off well.
Delete