I was 32 weeks pregnant when I was diagnosed with preeclampsia. I went into preterm labor at that point so they gave me steroid shots and did their best to stop my labor. Thankfully they were able to slow my labor down and I stayed 3 cm dilated. The next 2 weeks we had to go to the doctors office EVERY SINGLE DAY to check my blood pressure and to check the proteins in my urine. Mind you that we live 30 minutes from our doctors office and I was still in prolonged labor. It was miserable. On the plus side though we had our hospital stuff all ready to go and packed into the car ha.

On September 1st, 2011 at 34 weeks and 4 days pregnant my blood pressure was higher than it had ever been. I'll never forget the feeling that I got when Dr. Hill told us that we'd be having a baby in the next day or 2. He told Brian and I to go enjoy a nice dinner then to head to the hospital to be induced. I called my parents bawling and full of excitement. My dad thought I was crazy ha. He kept asking me if I was sure that I was okay and if I was scared. He wanted to come right then to be with me. I told him to wait because there's no telling how long it'd take for me to deliver. For what ever reason I wasn't nervous at all about labor or birth. I was pumped. I was made for this and I knew that. Obviously, I was worried about Charlee being born early but the doctor kept reassuring us that she'd be okay. Brian and I went out to eat at a steak house then headed to Labor & Delivery. When we got there it was around 9 pm and I was 3-4 cm dilated and feeling great. No pain. Just anxious to become a mommy and to meet our baby girl.

Shortly after getting checked in they gave me a small dose of pitocin and started a magnesium drip for the preeclampsia. As soon as they started that I began to throw up. I threw up a lot throughout my labor but I was able to sleep on and off. That whole night was a blur for me. Uneventful and not painful. The puking was frustrating but other than that I felt normal. We began getting visitors around 8 am the next morning. The nursing staff said that they had never had a family who had as many visitors as we did ha. We have a large group of family and friends. They are amazing. They helped keep me distracted and next thing that I knew it was noon. The nurse came in to check me again and I was still 4 cm. At this point emotions hit me hard. I felt like I was never going to give birth. I got extremely discouraged. I was in the middle of crying to my mom when the contractions got very intense. There was no longer any breaks in between them. This went on for about 30 minutes and our of no where I felt the urge to push. That is a sensation that I'll never forget. It's so strong and so natural. I had never given birth before yet my body knew exactly what to do. I knew exactly what to do. It was like I had done it a million times. My mom got the nurse and the nurse started to check me but it became obvious right away that it was time to start pushing. A few minutes later the doctor told me to reach down and get my baby. I pulled Charlee out and onto my chest. It was the most incredible moment imaginable.
Charlee Noelle Lane
September 2nd, 2011
12:48 pm
5 lbs 13 oz
The emotions in that deliver room were like something out of a fairytale. Lots of crying. Lots of laughing. Lots of smiling. My mom, husband, and photographer friend were all in the room but my dad and in laws were standing right outside of the door so they too were able to hear Charlee's first cry. It was the most magical moment of my life at that point.








Andlee's Birth Story:
On July 3rd, 2012 at 35 weeks pregnant I woke up feeling odd. I was super emotional and having regular contractions but they were mild so I didn't feel the need to go to the hospital. I spent the whole day relaxing/pre-laboring at home with our then 10 month old, Charlee. We cuddled all day and just enjoyed our time together. I won't lie, I felt some sadness that day. I kept thinking to myself that my baby won't be the baby anymore. It was all in all a wonderful day though. While Char was napping I cleaned our house, took a bath, and loaded all of our hospital stay stuff into the car.

Brian was at work and I still wasn't in any pain yet so I didn't tell him that I was certain that I was in labor. Seven that evening rolls around and Brian finally gets home from his farm chores. We headed to my in laws to have dinner and it was there that I went into active labor. It happened very quickly and startled us all to say the least. We immediately said our 'good-byes' and headed to the hospital. Telling Charlee good bye was AWFUL. I bawled hysterically. You can imagine the overwhelming thoughts that flooded my mind in that moment. It was very hard on me. The drive was rough because as I mentioned before we live 30 mins from the hospital and at this point I was having contractions every 2 minutes. I just knew that we'd be having a baby in the car but thankfully we made it to the hospital. We got there and they got me right back to labor and delivery.


Around midnight I was having one long intense contraction with no break just like I had with Charlee. We told the nurses that the baby would be coming soon and thankfully they took me seriously ha. Around 1 am I felt that oh so familiar urge to push. The nurse told me not to move. She called the doctor in and let me tell you that 5 minute wait for him was horrible. Refusing yourself to push during those urges was the hardest thing I've ever done. Finally the doctor walked in and after 2 pushes our sweet little firecracker was born.
Andlee Kay Lane
July 4th, 2012
1:18 am
7 lbs 6 ozs
Her birth was such a beautiful experience for us. It was so peaceful and calm. It was amazing. I highly recommend laboring at home as long as you possibly can. No matter how many babies you have that rush of emotions when you meet your child never changes. It's the best feeling in the world. And Charlee meeting her sister for the first time, don't even get me started on that. She may have only been 10 months old but she was a PROUD big sister.









Hudson's Birth Story:
We were so excited that Hudson was due on Brian and l's 4th wedding anniversary, August 1st, 2013. However Hud had other plans. On April 24th, 2013 (just 3 days before my birthday) I had a routine check up with my OB. I had been having contractions for days so they had already given us steroid shots as a precaution but by the time I made it to that appointment I knew that I'd be having the baby soon. I was 3 cm dilated and I told the whole staff before I left that appointment that they wouldn't see me for next weeks appointment because the baby was coming. They all laughed and said they'd see me in 6 weeks ha. I left the doctors office and went home. I got home around 6 pm and Brian got home shortly after. We ate dinner and put the girls to bed so that we could get some rest. Joke was on us because I went into labor before we could even fall asleep. We took the girls to my mother in laws and headed to the hospital. Thankfully Brian had loaded our car up that morning with our bags and stuff.

We got to the hospital around 10 pm that night.


Back to Hudson! He spent the first day or so on oxygen but we were able to stay right there by his side after he stabilized some. He recovered quickly Praise God and on my birthday we were able to take him to the room with us so family and friends could visit. Best birthday gift ever!
Brian 'Hudson' Lane
April 25th, 2013
7:44 am
7 lbs 11 ozs







Amazingly I didn't rip or need stitches. I only bled 3-7 days post birth. I bounced right back. So much so that I was working out within a week of their births (with doctors approval). When I say that I was made for giving birth I truly mean it. It's one of my favorite things in the world to do.
Now they are healthy, happy, and vibrant 3 and 4 year olds. I thank God a thousand times a day for making me their mommy. My life revolves around them and I wouldn't have it any other way πππ

Post a Comment