Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2016

One On One Dates With Your Children









 







 


As parents of multiple children it's hard at times to give each of them your undivided attention. Life is chaotic and busy. When Brian and I decided to have more than one child I told him that one thing that's extremely important to me is that our children NEVER feel like we don't give them enough time individually. I know that they adore each other and that they love having each other to go through life with but I also know that some children with siblings grow up to feel like they had to share their parents 100% of the time. I don't want my children to ever feel that way. My parents did an amazing job with my brother and I in this area. I have many one on one memories with my parents. I want my kids to look back and be proud that we spent alone time with each of them on a regular basis just like I do when I think about my own childhood. Not only that but I throughly enjoy spending alone time with my kids and so does Brian. We always have so much fun and we can tell afterwards how much it benefits them. Friends and family tell me a lot how neat they think it is that Brian and I do this so often. I've gotten asked for date ideas a lot so here are a few ideas for you guys. I've made sure to included things that are budget friendly. Also keep in mind that you can use these date days as a dual purpose. For example, I do my grocery shopping sometimes while I'm on a one on one date. You can also take more than one kid with you so your husband can take one with him to get in his one on one time too☺️
Date ideas:
•The movies are always a fun a fairly cheap date to go on with your kiddos. This is one of our favorite things to do but because I'm a safety freak I always go to our small local theater where everyone knows everyone ha. 

•Lunch/Dinner dates are another go to for us. I just took my son today with me grocery shopping and we ate at Rib Crib while we were out. He loved it. I like to let them pick out their own dessert after their meal. 

•Ice Cream/Cherry Berry/Snow Cone dates are super budget friendly and fun. We always grab our treats then go to the park and play. 

•Manicures & Pedicure! As a mom of two little princesses this is a no brainer. They adore getting pampered and so does momma ha. 

•Fishing dates! Brian always takes our kids fishing with him when he does his one on one dates. If you ask any of our kids what they always go and do with their dad they'll instantly say 'fishing'. It'll be very special memories that they have together for sure. 

•Broadway Plays/Disney On Ice/Ballets! These are more pricey and not an option all year round but they still make incredible dates. I took my oldest to see Wicked the Musical 2 years ago and she was as obsessed with it as I am. It was amazing. I will be taking both of the girls this year. We also do Disney On Ice every Fall but now that the kids are all older I will take them all to it. Last year I took the girls while Brian and Hudson went to the fair alone together. Two birds, one stone. 

•Shopping & Starbucks! I mean who doesn't love some shopping and SB?! Even my son is a shopper like his momma. 
"Mom! Get those shoes! Those shoes are cute'"
"Mom that looks so beautiful. I love it!"
"Mom let's get daddy those boots! They look like mine."
It's adorable how kind and thoughtful Hudson is. He's sensitive and sweet but also allllll boy in the tough skinned, all things boy type of way. 

•Build-a-bear Workshop! This is another one of our favorites. A little expensive but so worth it in my opinion. The kids eat it totally up! 

•Painting or Crafting Class! We have a few different options for this with in an hour or so of us. It's super neat. You pick out a blank sign or canvas then paint it as you please. My girls enjoy this so much. 

•The Safari! We have a little safari fairly local that is our go to move on a pretty day. It's cheap and educational. Our kids are naturally animal lovers so this is something that they love to do. 

•Free dates: (aside from the cost of gas to get there) Local parks, visiting family, visiting friends, swimming if you have a pool or know someone who does, making dinner together and having dad take the other kids outside to play, or story time where you go somewhere peaceful and read them a book. 

These are just a handful of ideas but you can get so creative with ways to spend one on one time with your kids. They need that! They deserve that! And you will greatly appreciate those moments creating memories. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram